EGR Cooler for Automobiles
· Client : A Korean automobile company
· Role :
We support the design of internal heat exchangers
to improve thermal efficiency
and the optimized design of attachment brackets
for lightweight and part consolidation.
자동차 EGR Cooler
· Client : 국내 자동차 기업.
· Role : 열효율 개선을 위한 내부 열교환부 설계 및 경량화/ 부품 일체화를 위한 부착 브라켓 최적 설계 지원.
[ Previous Heat Exchanger Shape ]
two-dimensional fluid flow
Harvestance researched and developed
with the goal of increasing the heat exchange efficiency
of the existing EGR cooler and consolidating parts.
<What is TPMS?>
Triply Periodic Minimal Surface,
- Freely adjust the density and surface area of the channel by adjusting the cell size and thickness of the unit.
Applied TPMS structure using nTop-Platform and
Based on the results of heat flow analysis, We were able to freely adjust the cell size, thickness, and density of TPMS structure in a short time.
By utilizing TPMS structure as a flow path, the flow of fluid was expanded to three dimensions,
increased the heat transfer area by 70% and reduced the boiling area by 20%
· To reduce brazing/welding processes for multiple parts and to avoid defects during the process,
9 parts are consolidated by applying Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM).
· The internal heat exchanger was manufactured without SUPPORT by utilizing TPMS structure.
· 50% lightweight of BRACKET , 17% lightweight overall, and improved fuel efficiency.
· 15% increase in thermal efficiency
· 9 Parts Consolidation
· 20% reduction in boiling area
· 74% increase in heat exchange area
3D Printing Application
Applying TPMS structure + Part Consolidation + 3D Printing
TPMS 구조 적용 + 부품 일체화
+ 3D 프린팅 적용